Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Welcome Back To School!


Image result for welcome back

Welcome back to school!


I am so excited for our year together learning about history from the 17th century until today.  The content we will study is so interesting and incredibly relevant to our lives today.  I promise.





The essential questions we will study in Modern World History are:
How do people and societies gain, keep, and lose power?
How do people's experiences influence their beliefs and actions?
How do events and ideas cause people to shift how they view and understand the world?

When in doubt this year....think about those big ideas.  They mattered then.  They matter now.

Class Today:

  • Warm Up
  • Discuss class expectations, homework, blog
  • History Treasure Hunt
Homework Tonight:
1)  Get your school supplies together

2)  Set yourself on Google Drive in our class folder.  You should add our MWH Assignments folder to your drive, and you should create a shared folder with me named Last Name, First Name - MWH.  I have given you a handout, or you can access it here.

3)  Join our Google Classroom:
ORANGE CLASS:  Here is your code:  k4ooszf

BLUE CLASS:  Your code is: pcr6iq


4)  Help me get to know you!  Please answer this Google form so that I can get to know you better! If you would prefer to email me a letter about you, that is fine too.  Either way, please send it to me by Friday!

(If you send a letter, make sure it includes the following:  what do you like to do outside class, what kind of music / movies / books do you like, what are you looking forward to learning about this year? Who are your friends in the class? What stresses you out?  How can I help you this year as a teacher?   What do you want me to know about you?  That kind of stuff! )


By the way, our Unit Sheet and Assignment Sheet will be found in Drive and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment