Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Thesis Homework over Exam Days


Image result for exam period

Thesis Homework over Exam Days






You should be working on the following:

  • Tweaking your thesis statement to make it arguable and interesting
  • Creating your basic outline with topic sentences,  (Due Monday, but you can earn an extra credit point if you turn it in by Friday night at 11.)
  • Finding those primary sources. Don't forget that you can go to Belmont or Boston Public Library to get a newspaper. And search on Gale or EBSCO for primary sources!
  • Meeting with me if necessary.  Here is the link to the Meeting Spreadsheet.
  • Completing your bibliography on Classroom.  
    • Here is a presentation on bibliographies if that helps.  
    • On NoodleTools, on the Sources tab, just pick export to a Google Doc to get a perfectly formatted bibliography. You can just submit that.
    • If you do not use Noodle Tools, just make sure your bibliography is in Chicago format.
  • Bring in your book to show me (and show me the notes you have taken.)  You can bring to our meetings, or even just submit a photo of it to me in Classroom so that I can check the notes.

Thesis Rubric is Here.

Homework:

BLUE CLASS:
DUE MONDAY 1/22  at NOON:
Checkpoint 7:  Basic Outline DUE Monday at noon.
(I will give one point extra credit for any outline I receive by Friday night at 11.)

DUE TUESDAY 1/23 by start of class.
Checkpoint 8:  Bibliography including all primary sources.



ORANGE CLASS:
DUE MONDAY 1/22  at NOON:
Checkpoint 7:  Basic Outline DUE Monday at noon.
(I will give one point extra credit for any outline I receive by Friday night at 11.)

DUE WEDNESDAY 1/24  by start of class.
Checkpoint 8:  Bibliography including all primary sources.


No comments:

Post a Comment